The City of Redmond is upgrading South Canal Blvd. to meet current standards for arterials. This long-awaited project replaces deteriorating pavement on a major route that is an important part of the city’s street network.
The South Canal Blvd. “makeover” also includes:
- Left turn lanes at busy intersections
- Curbs, sidewalks and bicycle lanes
- Stormwater collection system
- A new bicycle/pedestrian path alongside Homestead Canal
- Street trees and landscaping
- A new 12- and 18-inch water main to replace aging pipelines
Traffic Detour Information and Construction Updates
Scheduled Activities for the week of 5/21/2018 – 5/25/2018:
- Excavation/construct subgrade of road footprint.
- 8-inch storm system (8-inch storm pipe, drywells, & sedimentation manholes).
- Water line tie-in @ SW Canal Blvd & SW Wickiup Ave planned for 5/21/2018.
- Eight water services and connections.
- Water line tie-in @ SW Canal Blvd & roundabout planned for 5/22/2018
- Ten water services and connections.
- Removal of existing 6-inch water line along SW Canal Blvd from SW Wickiup Ave to roundabout.
- The intersection of South Canal Blvd and Wickiup Ave will remain closed to traffic. Expect to see crews working between Wickiup Ave and the roundabout on South Canal Blvd through July 2018.
Thank you for your continued patience during this construction project.
Expect phased road closures March 2018-April 2019
Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open.
Information about construction activities and closures will be distributed to every area residence and business.
Contact Linda Swearingen (541) 350-6012 or LLLSwear@aol.com.
Or you can call the Construction Hotline (541) 579-2233