The City of Redmond is upgrading South Canal Blvd. to meet current standards for arterials. This long-awaited project replaces deteriorating pavement on a major route that is an important part of the city’s street network.
The South Canal Blvd. “makeover” also includes:
- Left turn lanes at busy intersections
- Curbs, sidewalks and bicycle lanes
- Stormwater collection system
- A new bicycle/pedestrian path alongside Homestead Canal
- Street trees and landscaping
- A new 12- and 18-inch water main to replace aging pipelines
Traffic Detour Information and Construction Updates
Traffic Detours During Construction
Rebuilding the street will take 13 months, with project completion set for April 2019. Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open.
South Canal Boulevard Detour Map:
Phase 3 - SW Veterans Way to SW Salmon Ave.
North Section (SW Canal Blvd to SW Salmon Ave - SW Obsidian Ave and 11th Street)
- SW Canal Blvd from SW Obsidian Ave and SW Pumice Ave is open to thru traffic. See detour map on the left for additional information.
- Closures of SW Canal Blvd will remain in place at SW Salmon Ave and Veterans Way. Thru traffic is not allowed north of SW Salmon Ave. Local residents and businesses will have access. Please use detours or an alternate route.
- SW Pumice Ave to SW Salmon Ave will remain closed to allow for construction activities.
- Storm piping has been completed from SW Quartz Ave to SW Salmon Ave.
- Curb has been installed on SW Canal Blvd between SW Pumice Ave and SW Quartz Ave.
- Base rock has been placed SW Canal Blvd between SW Pumice Ave and SW Quartz Ave.
- Retaining wall block and sidewalks will be constructed within the SW Canal Blvd corridor (between SW Pumice Ave and SW Quartz Ave) over the next two weeks.
- Crews will take time off on 11/22 & 11/23 to spend time with their friends and families and return to work 11/26.
Expect phased road closures March 2018-April 2019
Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open.
Information about construction activities and closures will be distributed to every area residence and business.
Contact Linda Swearingen (541) 350-6012 or LLLSwear@aol.com.
Or you can call the Construction Hotline (541) 579-2233