The City of Redmond is upgrading South Canal Blvd. to meet current standards for arterials. This long-awaited project replaces deteriorating pavement on a major route that is an important part of the city’s street network.
The South Canal Blvd. “makeover” also includes:
- Left turn lanes at busy intersections
- Curbs, sidewalks and bicycle lanes
- Stormwater collection system
- A new bicycle/pedestrian path alongside Homestead Canal
- Street trees and landscaping
- A new 12- and 18-inch water main to replace aging pipelines
Traffic Detour Information and Construction Updates
Scheduled activities for the next two weeks will occur between Umatilla Ave. and Wickiup Ave.:
1. Installation of:
- 12-inch water main and water services between Umatilla Ave. and Wickiup Ave.
- 12-inch storm installation on South Canal Blvd. from Volcano Ave. to Wickiup Ave.
- Water service installation on South Canal Blvd. from Volcano Ave. to Wickiup Ave.
- 8-inch storm installation on South Canal Blvd. from Volcano Ave. to Wickiup Ave.
- Tie-in of new water main to existing water main.
- New water main testing
- Closure of South Canal Blvd & Wickiup Ave. intersection anticipated 4/18/2018. Access will be limited on Wickiup Ave./South Canal Blvd. - use alternate route. There will be no access to 27th Street via Wickiup Ave. from South Canal Blvd. Expect a three day work duration for the following work:
- Installation of 12-inch water main at Wickiup Ave.
- 8-inch storm installation at Wickiup Ave.
- Water service installation at Wickiup Ave.
Expect phased road closures March 2018-April 2019
Sections of South Canal Blvd. will be closed temporarily during construction, but local access to area homes and businesses will remain open.
Information about construction activities and closures will be distributed to every area residence and business.
Contact Linda Swearingen (541) 350-6012 or LLLSwear@aol.com.
Or you can call the Construction Hotline (541) 579-2233